HISTORY & HERITAGE
1913 - 1932 Milford Riggs, Founder
May 6, 1913: First Home in Ironton opens its doors
1917: Home recognized by state convention
1919: 175 acres purchased for future Home in Arcadia Valley
1923: new Home completed
1932 - 1953 D.J. Scott, Superintendent
April 1935: Home is sold on the courthouse steps
June 1935: Home is purchased back "for $1 and other considerations"
1953 - 1974 John Burney, Superintendent
1972: Superintendent reports "no indebtedness on any Home property"
1975 - 1996 Edward Goodwin, Executive Director
1977: Legal name changed to "The Baptist Home"
1981: Trustees establish Revocable Trust Fund, basis for new admission policy
1984: 38 acres purchased for new home in Chillicothe
1988: The Baptist Home - Chillicothe opens its doors
1995: Land is purchased in Ozark for a new Baptist Home
1997 - 2005 Larry Johnson, President
1997: The Baptist Home - Ozark opens its doors
2000: To protect assets, Trustees establish foundation and self-electing board
2006 - present Steven Jones, President
2007: 3-bedroom patio homes are completed and a new Return of Equity agreement initiated
2008: Campus plans completed for all three campuses